Monday, February 28, 2011

In-store sales= S-U-C-C-E-S-S!

Electric Blue 100% Alpaca with Vintage Rhinestone pin.

Chocolate Brown 100% virgin wool with hand-dyed beet juice flower.

Grey 100% eco-wool cap with hand-dyed beet juice flower.
After only a week and a half being displayed at the local yoga studio, THREE of my hats have sold! Whoo hoo!  I am so happy to hear that they have been so well received.  Since the weather is slowly warming up, I don't think I'll be making any more winter hats (unless I get a special order soon), but am presently looking into some spring hats/jewelry ideas.  Please, if you have any ideas, drop me an email.  I was thinking about trying my luck at making a sassy 1920's-ish flapper cloche.  I just need to find a nice pattern.  This past week I've been making some necklaces using large brass buttons as pendants on chains.  I am also doing my share of research on spring craft fairs.  I had a such a positive experience at an Indie Crafts Fair last November that I am looking forward to the next show.

This is the hat I sold to a really nice mom at the Tae Kwon Do studio.  It look great on her.


Oh yeah, I also sold a hat today at my kids' Tae Kwon Do Studio.  A mom overheard me talking about my etsy shop and asked me about my hats.   I told her about my shop and she told me that she was in the market for a new hat.  As she was talking I was thinking about a hat that would be perfect for her.  I was going to drop it off at the Yoga Studio, but instead brought it in to show her today. She loved in and paid for it on the spot.  I am slowly, but surely learning to "move and shake".  Nice.

And don't forget, if you like what you see, special orders are always welcome.  Just email me.